Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A New Toy!!!

I'm so excited! I just got a new lens for my camera that I've been wanting for several years.
I've read about, tried out a few friends', looked at sample pics... And, I finally got it.
It's awesome! Why didn't I get this sooner?
I guess cause it costs $$$!
Here are the first two pics I took with it. Nothing spectacular,
but they show one of the reasons I've been wanting it.

See how in the 1st pic you can read "20D" on the box? And, in the 2nd pic it's blurred out nicely? This lens's aperture can be set as large as 1.4! (that's geek camera talk for "it can really blur out the background on portraits")

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooh! just in time to take some shots of Buddy for Grad. announcements...I'll get with you on that :)
So does this mean you can blur out my thighs?!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

MOM!!! oh dear. ape i can't wait to see it.

Lala said...

LOL...you ladies are too funny...wow, I love the pictures and how your lenses created the image...we've been looking into several kinds now...but not sure yet which we'd like to get...soon though, because I am really tired of taking poor pics with my digital of Vic surfing...

Diana said...

April that lens is fantastic! Now that I started a blog does that mean I need a fancy camera? C'mon blurring out certain body parts wouldn't be that bad! Your boys are adorable!

Traeger Tribe said...

Ok, I really wish I knew more about cameras... the only "blur" I get is when Colton grabs the camera and smudges the lens :) Oh and I can't believe Marcus is 1 - sheesh where did the last year go!