Saturday, September 19, 2009

Today was little Norah's due date.

Here are the booties that an unknown woman made for our little baby. She made them knowing that a husband & wife would have to leave a little girl at the hospital & knew that it would be comforting for them to have something to hold onto. What wonderful people there are in this world, to do something so sweet for people that will never be able to thank them.

The necklace was given to me by some girlfriends that are just as sweet and thoughtful. Isn't it beautiful?


Thank you again to everyone who has so graciously helped us during all of this. From the bedrest up until now, we have just been in awe & are filled with gratitude at all the kindness that has been shown to us.

I know we will be with Norah again. I firmly believe that she and I sat down together in heaven and talked about this life. I feel that I loved her even then, enough to gladly volunteer to provide her with a body. In fact, I consider it a privilege.



"The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth; therefore, if rightly considered, instead of mourning we have reason to rejoice as they are delivered from evil, and we shall soon have them again..." Joseph Smith

10 comments:

Sarah Martinsen said...

I love you sis.

Amy Martinsen said...

...amen

Annie said...

love you too! I haven't seen pics of the graveside, it looks beautiful, and perfectly sweet. I wish I could know her.

Kristine said...

April...beautiful post. It made me cry. I admire your strength and faith. Norah is so lucky to have you as a mother. I cannot begin to imagine what pain you must feel at times. I just wish I could give you a hug and show my love somehow. What a brave post! Thanks for sharing.

Sheila said...

You're testimony does and has always inspired me. Thanks for sharing your feelings during the difficult time you've faced. Love to you all.

Diana said...

April you are amazing.........thanks for sharing your testimony. Your words are definitely inspiring.

Karen and Joe said...

I have goose bumps all over, your spirit is strong and is inspiring to me. She was such a sweet spirit as I felt it that day, she definately was Too pure and Too lovely to live on earth, but you will see her and be with her again! What a righteous mother in zion you are! You are amazing, I'm am blessed to have you as my friend. xo

Nik said...

I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how this hurts. I don't think I could handle it so gracefully.

renee said...

As you know I don't find myself speechless very often. However, there are no fair words to truly express what an amazing testmony you have and what a great example of faith you set for all those who know you. I miss you dear friend!!!!!

Traeger Tribe said...

Oh April, that is so sweet. What a beautiful post! You guys have been in my prayers!