Thursday, October 14, 2010

How did I get so lucky?


My entire pregnancy, people would point to my stomach and say, "Tell me it's a girl!"
It was so much fun to break the news to total strangers that I was in fact having yet another boy.
Many had a tough time hiding their disappointment. I got lots of pats on the back and encouraging comments like, "Well, good for you!"
One woman replied, with a forced smile, "Well, they are beautiful boys!" As though that was my consolation for raising all boys!
In all honesty, I'm so happy to have 4 boys. I love each one so much, it's hard to even describe. And, really, they ARE beautiful... so that's a bonus.

7 comments:

Annie said...

If it weren't for the forced smile, she is totally right! Really, really beautiful, great boys!

Sarah said...

So awesome, congratulations! Boys really are BEST!

Richelle Johnson said...

I am so excited we get to see you all next month! Can't wait to get to meet your newest addition!!!

p.s.- LOVE the pic of the boys!!!

Kristine said...

happy to have a friend in the 4 boy camp. it really is wonderful. i feel the same as you. i do however feel like i live in a guys locker room...and have to remind my boys that shirts are required at the dinner table. and now that we have eden, people say...you "finally" got your girl, like somehow i endured each of the boys to get to the girl. they really don't have a clue about how wonderful those boys are!!! i hope all is well in your world--k

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

You are incredibly lucky! But I think they are even luckier - they get to have you as their Mom! Enjoy your new little one!

Karen and Joe said...

You do have 4 great boys and great looking too! YOu are a lucky and amazing mom! miss you all!!

Pedaling said...

My one boy is sooo easy. I like that.