Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Norah Juliene Johnson

Friends:
April went into labor Saturday morning (5/16/09) and had to be rushed down via ambulance to St. Joseph's hospital due to placental abruption (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placental_abruption). At 22 weeks, little Norah did not survive and was stillborn at 5:40 am. She was beautiful! She was 11 inches long and weighed 1 pound, 9.8 ounces. She looked a lot like our 3 boys. April and I got to spend all day and most of the night with her before we gave her a kiss and said a difficult goodbye. We'll be having a simple burial service for her on Friday that we are looking forward to.
We have been overwhelmed with love and support from so many friends and family. Your prayers and thoughts in our behalf have truly lifted us and have made a difference. A mere "thank you" seems inadequate to express the gratitude and appreciation we feel to everyone for mourning with us.
We are so grateful that our marriage has been sealed for time and all eternity in the temple. Because of this, we know that our family unit will continue beyond this life, and we will be with her again when our short duration on this earth is over. - Ryan

15 comments:

bkbills said...

Oh, Ryan and April. We love you and your family so much. We are so saddened by this news and want you to know that you are in our prayers and thoughts and that we are here for you if you ever need us. Thank you for sharing this on the blog, we wouldn't have known otherwise.

Megan said...

April and Ryan.....this is such a devastating experience! We're so glad to see that you guys are so strong in your faith and know you will see your sweet baby girl again. All our love and prayers are with you!!! The Brown's

Kasparek said...

April and Ryan-know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys!

The Maxwell Family said...

April and Ryan -

We are so sorry to hear about this. You will be in our prayers!

Diana said...

Oh April I am so saddened to hear this news. I hope you know that you and your family are in my prayers! I wish I could do more. I wish I wasn't so far away. Love ya, Apes!

Karen and Joe said...

Ryan and April, your strength and faith is amazing to me. Not many people would be able to endure this trial as faithfully as you have. My testimony of the Plan of Salvation has grown from this experience and from your sharing your thoughts and testimony today. Norah has such a sweet spirit and its comforting to know that you will be a family forever in heaven. I felt a calm sense of peace when she was born that she was in Jesus' arms and that you would be with her again someday. My thoughts and prayers are with you and there is a special place in my heart for you and your sweet angel baby girl! Your friend forever, Karen

Ryan and Tawnee said...

From one Ryan Johnson family to another, our thoughts and prayers are with you. What a little joy to know you have so much to look forward to with little Norah, such a blessing of temple sealings.

kristin said...

Dear Friend,
Love and prayers to you.

Sheila said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We love you and I admire your testimony of the eternities. You're both an inspiration.

Traeger Tribe said...

Oh April and Ryan - I am so sorry - you'll be in my prayers - The restored gospel of Jesus Christ is a wonderful blessing, but I cannot imagine how much you guys are still hurting. Thank you for the sweet testimony and reminder of the plan of salvation and the blessings of the Temple. I love you guys!

CJ said...

You are loved.

Melodee said...

We are so sad for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

The Staffieri Family said...

We are so saddened by this news. Matt and I had no idea. Josh just came over and told us. Please know that you are in our prayers and we are thinking about you. We love you guys and miss you tons! Memorial Day was not the same without you guys this year. Hope to see you soon!

Pedaling said...

oh, april and ryan,
not one person in the family told me.
i am so sorry.
why in the world was i not told?
i am just now reading this and finding it out.
this is so hard.
so hard.
hugs and love to you.
i am so very sorry.

Casey Forese said...

I am so sorry! I had no idea. I just love you apes and your wonderful family.