Friday, June 12, 2009

Some good times...

I'll admit, the last month has been pretty rough.
But, there have been some really good times too.
I'm determined not to get so caught up with sadness that I don't recognize the goodness.

Here are some of the good times...
Caleb's t-ball season. For the 1st game or two, he slid into every base.





What a DAD!



Summer is here. That means Mom has to be a little more creative to keep little minds and hands busy. Here are the boys with their edible (equal parts peanut butter & marshmallow cream) playdough creations.


At Caleb's school (Montessori) they have a "Celebration of Life" ceremony on their birthday. The child walks around a calendar on the floor while holding a globe. They walk around once for each year of their life and tell the class something that happened to them each year.



Last week, Eli walked into his primary class at church, looked around the room, and said, "I have bigger muscles than all of them!"
Lately Eli has been really into showing his muscles. He often asks for snacks or sugar. When I tell him, "no" he will respond, "But Mom, eating gets my muscles big, so I have to eat!"

He is also showing off his rash due to an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.

(Notice Ryan in the background.)


We get this ad in the mail ever few weeks.
The first time I thought it must have been a joke. But, we keep getting it!
It makes my day everytime!




We planted a garden this spring and are now enjoying the fruits of our labor!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

April, I'm a little jealous of all that sunshine in good ole Arizona! :) We have had so much rain here, but finally getting some sunny days. The boys are getting so big, and Caleb!!!! What a grown up! I love the stories of how he is so independent. Reminds me of Jacob!

Sarah said...

That advertisement is awesome, are you sure you didn't color those teeth in? and I am a little jealous of your fresh tomatoes.

sarah martinsen said...

soooo, i was laying in bed trying to go to sleep last night and no joke that sick nasy ad came into my mind. you gotta send that in to conan!

Karen and Joe said...

I love all your pictures! Your boys photogragh so well, candid or "showing off" their muscles! I didn't notice Ryan in that one picture until you said something and I went back and laughed out loud when I saw it! And that add!!! I can't believe I've missed that all this time, that would make may day too! That's some dang good advertising~hahaha!

Libby said...

Hey April!!!
I have been thinking a lot about you guys! Words can't express how sorry I am!! I love the pix of your babes. So cute! I drove down Mesa Dr. the other day and passed your old street. It seemed just like yesterday we were hanging out at your house. Remember when we rode the ATC's on the res? Now it's a freeway. Weird!!! Miss you!

renee said...

Dem dare maters look GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! Have you made pasta primavera yet? Blanche those bad boys and cut them up with some fresh elepahant garlic, lots of basil and all your favorites......olives, roated bell peppers, red onion, NEVERMIND...just bring some over and I will make it for you!!!!!!! We're free anytime this week!

Nik said...

Wow. Those are some impressive muscles. Your boys crack me up!

Richelle Johnson said...

Too much fun at your house! Wish we lived closer so we could join in :)