Monday, May 17, 2010

1st Stiches & ER Visit

That's pretty good considering we have 3 boys.
Here's Eli's wounds a week after the accident.
5 stitches, a few scratches, bruised arms & 2 purple eyes.
Amazingly, no concussion!
Ryan took Eli & Caleb on a bike ride. They love going down a steep ramp near the elementary school. Eli was not wearing his helmet and Caleb was (go figure). Eli went down the ramp and didn't quite make the 90 degree turn at the bottom. He smacked head on into a concrete wall and crumpled to the ground. Ryan flagged down a car to get a ride home.
So, I answered the door bell to Ryan holding an extremely bloody Eli!
We feel so blessed that he didn't have any damage to his brain.
He was so tired from the ordeal that he slept through the stitches! Didn't even flinch!



Ryan saved us the $20 copay and took the stitches out himself.

4 comments:

Richelle Johnson said...

oh my goodness! Glad to hear he's okay! Poor Eli!

Krista said...

so not looking forward to this sort of thing. glad he was able to sleep through the stitching! ouch

Annie said...

I agree with Krista. No mom should have to deal with opening the door to a bloodied up child. He's a champ though. See you in 2 weeks!!!

Diana said...

Poor little guy. I hope he is doing well now. Are you going to be around this week? I would love to come see you. Call me 480-371-9200. If not this week I couldn't come out until the end of July because we will be out of town. Let me know:)