Friday, November 7, 2008

Had a Family Home Evening lesson about being obedient. Ryan and I would give a scenario, then Caleb and Eli would tell us if that demonstrated obedience or not. We had a picture of a dad on the wall with a mouth that could be turned into a smile or a frown. They got to change it depending on the scenario.

After the lesson, Ryan said, "Time for bed. Go upstairs and get your pjs on." Eli started to get mad and throw a fit. Then, he stomped over to the "Daddy" on the wall, changed the mouth to a frown and yelled, "I don't want to be obedient! I won't go to bed! You guys don't tell me to go upstairs to bed!"
Wow! That was an effective lesson!

6 comments:

Nash said...

April,
So good to see how you are doing.
I take it you are not in Japan anymore.
My husband spent all of high school there, he would love to go back.
Your kids are adorable. I will check back often now.
Shanda

Allison said...

hi april,

it is allison (annie's friend) and i just had to come check out your blog after you posted your blog address on annie's....you were just asking for it:). i must say i'm very glad i did, b/c i got to check out your cool photos! the photos you take look great! hope all is well for you and your family and happy holidays!

Casey Forese said...

Your family is beautiful!!!

Jenny said...

Yeah, you've got a blog! I'll send over an invite to my family blog soon. When we move to CA next week, I will be better about posting regularly! I'll be back soon to visit.

The Staffieri Family said...

Great Blog! I'm excited that you have one now. Cute FHE lesson. I love the outcome of it :)

Lala said...

too funny..I love your recollections of your days...now, I just have to get mine's up and going...oh,forget...just check me out on facebook, as usual..ha!