Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Most of the time, my husband is MUCH smarter than me. Every now and then...


The other night we were talking about the presidential election and Ryan said,

"For all intensive purposes..."

I replied, "Did you mean to say, For all intents and purposes?"

Which lead us to a little debate, which lead him to google it.

The results: (found at Urban Dictionary.com)

Nonsense, it means nothing. It's what people say when they really mean to say "for all intents and purposes".
1. For all intents and purposes = Correct

Apparently, Ryan's not the only one.

3 comments:

Kristi Kroeger said...

So this is teh famous husband blog? It's not that bad!! Nathan has been far more mortified by the things I have posted! :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I do that all the time. Here is a good website for you:

http://wsu.edu/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors

It is a website about a bunch of errors that are common to everyday vernacular.

Thanks for the invite and my family and I look foward to seeing everyone Thanksgiving '09!

Pedaling said...

ryan speaks my language...

ted is always politely correcting me on things like this